Corporate Real Estate Manager EAI
Corporate Real Estate Manager EAI
Fulltime | Rotterdam
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500.
LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
The Corporate Real Estate Manager - EAI is responsible for negotiating, acquiring, managing, protecting and divesting of LyondellBasell’s Real Estate Portfolio in support of the Company’s operations and objectives within the EAI regions. The position is accountable for managing all aspects of the Company’s fee and leased real estate portfolio. The portfolio includes fee owned plant sites, leased facility sites, office buildings, pipeline rights of way, and other real property interests.
The position provides a leadership role with respect to specific location and real estate transactions and strategies and liaises with project management for a range of property types. Support ongoing departmental and portfolio-wide projects and processes.
Implement guiding principles to optimize operating expenses, department capabilities as well as portfolio space and cost metrics. This role assists the Director, Real Estate and Facilities with feasibility assessment, development of business cases and with providing thought leadership and guidance on the planning, development and execution of the real estate portfolio roadmap. The position consists of significant transactional work including strategic fee purchases, lease negotiations and renewals, and managing requests from third parties to access LyondellBasell’s fee property.
The successful candidate will coordinate closely with various departments within the company such as Manufacturing, Capital Projects, Engineering, HSE, Facilities, Finance, Government Relations, and Tax. This role requires expertise in multiple disciplines including portfolio management, project management, stakeholder management, and data management. The ability to manage multiple priorities and meet aggressive deadlines is imperative. The EAI Corporate Real Estate Manager reports to the Director, Real Estate and Facilities.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Create and implement strategic analysis on all global real estate transactions, including broker evaluation, selection, negotiation and engagement, lease analysis and consideration of alternatives, site evaluation and analysis for lease vs. purchase transactions
- Develop and maintain information regarding land development surrounding LYB’s plant properties and provide recommendations regarding potential conflicting use of surrounding property or encroachments
- Foster strong relationships with stakeholders to develop collaborative partnerships with manufacturing and operations, functional leaders, HR, Finance, Tax, HSE and others to establish effective communications and relationship based credibility and trust.
- Meet regularly with business leadership to understand their core business drivers, issues, requirements and strategic business plans to proactively develop and execute strategic value.
- In conjunction with counsel, prepare and negotiate letters of intent, leases, warranties, work letters, design and construction contracts, RFP’s, build-to-suit agreements, broker commission agreements and purchase and sale agreements.
- Handle all aspects of real estate transactions including review of closing documents, due diligence reviews and preparation for funding, all in accordance with AFF/AFE procedures and DOA/CAF authority guidelines
- Identification of lease actions or real estate actions with a 12-18 month time horizon. Lease actions are driven by the existing portfolio and revolve around critical dates whereas real estate actions are driven by business requirements and revolve around scope requirements and actions to support the business
- Manage global lease administration database for EAI and coordinate with Accounting on Lease Accounting Rule changes
- Identify and implement opportunities to consolidate, co-locate, utilize vacant or underutilized space and to take advantage of market trends which benefit the corporation (with a focus on reduction in overall occupancy costs).
- Coordinate closely with Operations and Legal to manage requests from third parties to access LBY’s fee properties.
- Engage real estate service provider in the development of potential real estate solutions including feasibility assessment, analyzing results, develop location planning options, present results and recommendations to senior management.
- Manage due diligence projects related to acquisition or divestment of real property assets, including survey, title and curative work
- Support Capital Projects involving real estate aspects by providing overview of the portfolio and handling all real estate transactions associated with projects
- Create reports summarizing real estate portfolio metrics and benchmark against industry standards
- Bachelor’s degree and/or advanced degree in business administration, finance, real estate, engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of operational experience with emphasis on professional services, corporate real estate management; 5+ years of portfolio management, corporate services, strategic real estate planning
- Ideal candidate will have JD, legal background, and/or an active real estate broker’s license
- Willingness to travel internationally within EAI regions
- Previous real estate portfolio management responsibilities are strongly preferred
- Experience preparing PowerPoint presentations and conveying information to leadership in a concise yet complete manner
- Prior work experience in large corporate environment is a plus
- Outstanding negotiation and leadership skills
- Strong real estate knowledge and past experience handling real estate matters
- Solutions oriented, with sound business judgment and strong analytical skills, superior problem-solving skills with ability to make rational and complex decisions.
- Strong team player; proactively able to step in to support other team members as needed and share knowledge to allow cross training of all functions, and build collaborative relationships
- Works well under pressure, effectively handles conflict and demonstrates flexibility in work style to accommodate changing priorities and fixed deadlines
- Self-motivated, organized;
- continuously focusing on process improvements, while keeping the needs of the business in the forefront
- Proactive in providing updates, status reports, and other critical communications to Senior Management
- Superior client service skills, ability to interact with, provide thought leadership to positively influence senior-level management
- Able to prioritize value-add transactions
What do we offer
We offer you a varying and responsible job in an international concern that highly values the development of its employees, quality and safety. You get the freedom to take a range of responsibilities in a rapidly evolving environment. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package and real opportunities for growth.
Contact for more information
Register your CV and apply online by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. For questions on the vacancy you can contact Natalie Backx-Cornelissen, Corporate Recruiter, Telephone: +31 (0)10 2755745.
Builds effective teams, Collaborates, cultivates innovation, Customer focus, demonstrates courage, Drives results, Ensures accountability, Instills trust and exemplifies integrity.
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: property, real estate, managing, legal, public affairs, portfolio, negotiations, portfolio management, project management, stakeholder management, and data management, Senior.
Delen op social media: